1. Any questions?
Contact school: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact specific teachers: www.becketkeys.org/contact.php
2. School is now closed for the summer holiday.
First day of term will be Friday 4th September for Year 7 and 12.
All other year groups will return on Monday 7th September.
3. Year 11 and 13 students’ examinations and results
Exam Results Days: Year 13: Thursday 13th August Year 11: Thursday 20th August
- Ofqual have set out a process that has allowed the school to provide each exam board a calculated grade to each student to reflect performance as fairly as possible. Ofqual will work with us, exam boards and exam centres to ensure this approach consistently applied for all students.
- The grade given is that which the school feels the student would have received if exams had gone ahead.
- To produce this, teachers took into account a range of evidence and data including performance on mock exams and non-exam assessment.
- Exam boards then combine this information with other relevant data, including prior attainment, and use this to produce a final calculated grade for each student, which will be a best assessment of the work they have put in.
- The grades will be presented to students on the normal results days. Year 13: Thursday 13th August Year 11: Thursday 20th August
- These grades will be indistinguishable from those provided in other years.
- Ofqual will also aim to ensure that the distribution of grades follows a similar pattern to that in other years, so that this year’s students are not disadvantaged.
What can Year 11 students do if they want to come to Becket Keys for Sixth Form?
For those Year 11 students who are due to start A level studies with us in September we have 'wider reading' and ‘bridging courses’ available. If you want to make a late application to join Becket Keys for Sixth Form, contact us urgently at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keeping in touch
During the summer, our phone lines may not be staffed. Emails will be checked less frequently than normal. However, parents can contact the school via email: email@example.com or via Twitter and/or Facebook. We will respond!
The following external websites are helpful and are updated regularly:
What can you give me to help me with home learning?
We appreciate that many parents are anxious about learning time being lost. Therefore, we have put together a page of activities for Year 7,8 and 9 students to attempt. Take a look here.
Year 6 students should attempt the lessons on our Virtual Induction Day. Other information for Year 6 is available here.
Other worthwhile activities are produced by the BBC here and here.
You can also visit BBCiPlayer. BBC Red Button and BBC Facebook and Twitter channels for more details.
Thank you for the understanding and support you have given the school staff as the coronavirus situation continues to unfolded ; it is deeply appreciated. We will continue to keep in close contact with you all and hope that our gates will be open again in the not too distant future.
Our head teacher or members of the senior team write to parents regularly in the Newsletter. These newsletters are full of advice and guidance regarding how to learn at home. There is also a wonderful reading list to look at on the Newsletter page.